[mira_talk] Re: Could not create new snapshot directory? Disk full? changed permissions?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:23:01 +0200

On Sep 20, 2012, at 8:40 , Andrej Benjak wrote:
> [...]
> Has anybody else also got the same "Cannot allocate memory" before "Could not
> create new snapshot directory? Disk full? changed permissions?"?

Hello Andrej,

first time I see this. But it points into the same direction I previously
suspected: that the (rather crude) way I chose to remove and create directories
by calling external shell commands could sometimes fail for more or less
obvious reasons.

Indeed, I have already rewritten this part of the code (using nice libraries
which were not available 10 years ago) and it will be in 3.9.5. I hope that
this kind of message is then a thing of the past. In the mean timeI apologise
for any inconvenience.