[mira_talk] Re: Could not create new snapshot directory? Disk full? changed permissions?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:19:51 +0200

On Sep 2, 2012, at 10:01 , Alan Tsang wrote:
> [...]
> Do you have any idea about this error?

Just that sometimes, somehow a system call to remove() the file in question
comes back with a return code which indicates that removal of the file in
question failed.

This is nothing MIRA can influence and when it hit me the first time I was
absolutely baffled. Of course this kind of behaviour by the system cannot be
reproduced in simple test cases, so after a while I decided to write some
fail-safe that would let MIRA dump the warning and then simply continue as it
has no influence whatsoever on the assembly process.

The error Keith reported however does have an influence and therefore MIRA
stops. However, I now also changed that code: MIRA will not bail out anymore,
but simply dump a warning message in the log and then wait for someone to have
a look at the problem, continuing as soon as it can once the problem is
resolved.