[mira_talk] Re: BAC vector sequece masking for de novo assembly using PacBio C2

  • From: Juan Pascual Anaya <jpascualanaya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:36:12 +0900

Hi there,

Sorry to keep bugging with this, but my e-mail was probably overlooked in
between so many questions about the mira3... XD

As an update on my playing with MIRA4 (4rc5 now), I can't play with
-CO:mrpg since I cannot get the MIRA to start the assembly. Also, my
problems don't come out from being particularly PacBio data, but for the
repetitive elements. And thus I always get some percentage of megahubs
between 1-5%. For some reason, after reading the manual and the output of
the MIRA abortion, I am sort of scared to increase the -SK:mmhr... although
I have seen in other posts that it can be set to 100 if one wants the
repeats also assembled... like in my case (so I should use then
-HS:mnr=off). I have tried to play with -HS:nrr too, but with no luck.

So, increasing the megahub ratio, although the assembly can take much
longer, is a good solution to get the BACs assembled?

Thank you in advance!
Champi