[MikesWhatsNews] MWN #514

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mikeswhatsnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:58:22 -0700

MikesWhatsNews, 13, 06, 2002
in today's issue #514
A cute flash movie
GeekToons: Geek Fighting
Alive! Jigsaw v5.4
DIY Webmaster Resources
CD Cover Search
On Time
GetBack 1.01
Directory Monitor Utility
Enchanted Learning
Tina's FrontPage Tips
CCC    The Slip-up Archive
          Multable Mailtos
NOTE: Any time you see the "  ++ ",  it means there is more of the

article, or story, on the linked site. Mike

A cute flash movie
Pam
http://hellsgate.online.ee/~mait/fahrschule.swf
***MfM*** Geat Flash movie! Thanks Pam.

GeekToons: Geek Fighting
http://www.geek.com/gtoons/gtoonsmain.htm
Check out this week's installment and the other 171 archived
toons!
From; Geek.com www.geek.com

Alive! Jigsaw v5.4 ~ Demo
http://www.yavsoft.com/alive/jigsaw.html
Ever desired to have a fun with animated jigsaw puzzles instead of
static ones?
This colorful game gives you such opportunity.
You will even be able to take any AVI movie or short film clip and
turn it into an impressively looking jigsaw with this powerful
jigsaw player/creator.
This feature can be turned off, if you prefer a more classical
approach.
The game introduces a new challenge for jigsaw fans but also has
options that make it suitable for kids and those who prefer less
challenge and animated images add absolutely new feeling to the
old family fun.
++

DIY Webmaster Resources
http://www.diywebmasterresources.com/

"Site devoted to providing webmasters with the resources they need
design, promote, and make money from their websites."

CD Cover Search
http://www.cover-search.com/

"CD Cover Search, The cd covers search engine for audio,
dreamcast,
dvd, pc, psx, psx2 and vcd."

On Time
http://www.shaneware.8m.com/Default.htm
Freeware

This tool works with your system clock in an attempt to bring you
a selective startup method of your very own. Get rid of those 20
some odd programs in your startup and have them run on a time
schedule so that your
resources aren't strained. This application is easy, works like a
charm, and hides away from view. What more could you ask for?
Thanks to ;Christy

GetBack 1.01 ~ free
http://ktk.ru/~camelot/getback.htm
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
A small utility that allows You to restore or to delete tons of
backup files with a single click.
GetBack supports the most of common backup file types including
FixLinks backups.
++

Directory Monitor Utility
http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/
Freeware.   Languages: English, German.

File system changes monitoring utility for Windows NT/2000/XP.
It allows to select the folder and to customize the monitoring
settings for specified folder (the event list to process and some
other options).
The program can also monitor changes in subfolders if necessary.
This program can work in background and generates the HTML log of
file system changes.
The program can be integrated into shell (setup creates the
"Monitor" context menu item and GiPo@Utilities file/folder
property page).
++

Enchanted Learning
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Home.html
Enchanted Learning Software creates children's educational web
sites and games designed to stimulate creativity, learning,
enjoyment, and imagination.
++

Tina's FrontPage Tips, by Tina Clarke

Discussion Group ~ New messages go to message 1

This error is caused by using upper case characters for the
name of the folder (the default name of this folder when
first using the Discussion Wizard is "_disc1") in which the
articles are stored.

Make sure your discussion web folders are all lower case.

AccessFP ~ FrontPage Resource Centre
Site ~  http://www.accessfp.net/
Ezine & Forums ~ http://anyfrontpage.com/  FREE FP E-Books

Christies Computer Corner thanks to Christy;
<1stPicksoftware-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe>

The Slip-up Archive

http://www.slipups.com

A slip-up is any inconsistency in movies, TV, books, or even
politics that leaves you scratching your head thinking, "Now,
what a minute. That isn't right!" For instance,  in the movie
Grease, watch the beginning of the "Beauty School Dropout"
scene and keep your eyes on the waitress as she leaves the
room. Although she clearly misses hitting the light switch
with her elbow, the lights go out anyway!

Visit The Slip-Up Archive to look up your favorite movie or
television show and read about more errors, or submit one
that you've noticed to the database.
Be forewarned, however: the regular readers of this site
are a tough crowd. If your slip-up isn't a true blooper,
they won't hesitate to challenge it!

~~~~~~~

Multable Mailtos
Now that you have discovered how to make individual address
Mailtos we don't want to clutter up the desktop or startmenu with
them all.  How about putting all your favorite mailto shortcuts
into a single folder on the Start menu, so you can open a
pre-addressed email at any time. First, navigate to your Start
folder at C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu. Then right-click in the window
and choose New, Folder. Give your folder a name that makes sense,
then drag any of the mailto shortcuts you've already created to
it. Now, you can open any of your mailto shortcuts just by
clicking on the Start menu and accessing the folder you created.
Was this forwarded to you ?
Get your own subscription here:
<1stpickPCtips-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe>

Antivirus software is a good choice to scan your system for
possible
viruses, however no virus scanner is 100% effective as
manufactures
cannot keep up with the rapid change of viruses that happens
daily.
Be sure to update yours regularly.
http://www.hackfix.org/software/antivirus.html

Please feel free, to offer constructive criticism, as that will
help
me keep it interesting.
I also welcome any submissions about new products,
web pages, or articles of interest.

All submissions posted in the newsletter will be given proper
credit.
"MikesWhatsNews" believes in giving credit where credit is due but

at times deadlines and information that is very important to
readers
we accidentally misspost an item.
If you believe something to be miscredited, or you know the author
of one of the articles which we have posted as 'unknown', please
do let us know so we can correct the information where applicable.

Many times in a article you may see a click here for more
information, or to go to a link, these often will not work, as the

original information, was taken from a page with HTML links.
This is when you will want to go to the webpage indicated in
the article, ++ ,for 'the rest of the story'
***MfM*** indicates that I am adding my own information to a
                  particular article.
Mike ~It's a good day if I learned something new.
You can read a sample of my newsletter on my web page
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/
My virus pages http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
mytech@xxxxxxxxxxx

~*~*~*~*~
Was this forwarded to you? Want to subscribe? Send an email
to mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info mikeswhatsnews" without
the quotes.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our list send an email to
mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe

mikeswhatsnews-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
~*~*~*~*~