[freelists-midimag] Re: A new song from Sirkku

  • From: Sirkku Heinäluoto <sirkku.heinaluoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 19:27:15 +0200

Hi folks,

First of all, thanks Tom for mastering my most humble home recording with your magic engineer's touch.

It was the first recording I made for about a year, actually the first time for giving singing a serious try. I just wanted to memorize the song that was written last spring.

One sunday, I think last april Tom and me were chatting on skype and he started playing a melody and sang a few lines.

I wanted to continue writing the song without knowing where it would take me more than that there was a hobo.

A week later I had written the song.

thank you, vince, for the feedback.

And thank you gudrun and Mike for your kind words regarding the song and my voice.

I haven't posted much of anything here but I've been on this list for about 13 years. this is the place where I also met Tom.

Sirkku

tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx kirjoitti 7.3.2021 klo 12.01:

This is a song she wrote and then recorded with her Olympus DM-4 portable recorder. She sent me the MP3 and I really liked it. I tried to tweak it, but of course it’s a waste of time with an MP3. So I had her send me the wave file to see what I could do with it. Here’s the result. I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

It’s a 6.2 meg MP3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2xufpqnyc5g8n8/The%20Song%20Of%20The%20Old%20Hobo%20-%20TK%20remaster.mp3?dl=1 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2xufpqnyc5g8n8/The%20Song%20Of%20The%20Old%20Hobo%20-%20TK%20remaster.mp3?dl=1>