[meego-fi] Running activities needs makers

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi <meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:16:00 +0300

Hi,

It seems that MNFI has really started to roll during the past weeks. LDP is
one of the main reasons for sudden burst in activity and amount of new
members. The latest addition to LDP is that Helsinki has started a new node.
Currently there are two nodes: Tampere and Helsinki. Plans to get one in
Oulu are still under work. This is great! However, such success also means
that our services (such as maintaining and developing LDP stuff) need more
help. So far there has been only a few people working with different
services and I have been one of them. Unfortunately, I have to concentrate
on other stuff now and amount of contribution will drop dramatically.

Therefore, I'm asking for new people to get involved in multiple areas, out
of which LDP is probably the most important now. I have managed to setup
current LDP management routines in Drupal and I admit that it's a mess. If
there is any possibility that someone more experienced with Drupal would
take over, I'd be more than happy to give some information about what has
been done so far. If such person(s) could be found, it might be wise to meet
in person and look through the current implementation (since it's a mess).
Another thing that I cry help for is the Information Depot, which is
intended to be a place to add links (with descriptions and other meta stuff)
to presentation material (from our meetups and other events). Again, I
started the process and created some elements for it, but due to limit on
time available, I can't go forward with it.

I know there are people who could assist MNFI community in this, please step
forward :)

/Jarkko

--
Organizer (TMN, Tampere Meego Network)