[meego-fi] Re: Next community manager is selected July 4th

  • From: Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:32:25 +0300

Thanks Jarkko for the intro and Jukka for the nomination!

Briefly about myself. I started 9 years ago in Nokia Dallas working on
S30/S40 product testing. Moved to S60 Multimedia after a couple of years.
The only open source development I've done is on the Helix multimedia engine
for symbian/S60 products. During my 3.5 years in Nokia Tampere, I was
involved in the integration of Video Telephony, Multimedia Sharing, and most
recently Symbian^3 development environment just before I left the company in
the beginning of this year. However I've always had a keen interest in the
Linux community and that of course includes Maemo/MeeGo. I was active in
LUG, ACM and IEEE in college but that was a looong time ago. More recently
I've been involved in the TMN and MNFI communities.

I have similar interests as Jarkko in promoting the LDP, facilitating
community projects and planning ahead for our next Summit. In terms of time
and responsibilities, I would like to propose a co-community manager role
(or is it community co-manager?). It would be great if the two community
managers are from different Local MeeGo Networks so we can increase
cooperation between the LMNs and possibly improve the planning of national
events.

Carol "cybette" Chen.