[meego-fi] Re: Next community manager is selected July 4th

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:30:19 +0300

Hi,

Thanks for the introduction :) It included something new even though we've
had rather close contact during the last 9 months.

2011/6/14 Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxx>

> Thanks Jarkko for the intro and Jukka for the nomination!
>
> Briefly about myself. I started 9 years ago in Nokia Dallas working on
> S30/S40 product testing. Moved to S60 Multimedia after a couple of years.
> The only open source development I've done is on the Helix multimedia engine
> for symbian/S60 products. During my 3.5 years in Nokia Tampere, I was
> involved in the integration of Video Telephony, Multimedia Sharing, and most
> recently Symbian^3 development environment just before I left the company in
> the beginning of this year. However I've always had a keen interest in the
> Linux community and that of course includes Maemo/MeeGo. I was active in
> LUG, ACM and IEEE in college but that was a looong time ago. More recently
> I've been involved in the TMN and MNFI communities.
>
> I have similar interests as Jarkko in promoting the LDP, facilitating
> community projects and planning ahead for our next Summit. In terms of time
> and responsibilities, I would like to propose a co-community manager role
> (or is it community co-manager?). It would be great if the two community
> managers are from different Local MeeGo Networks so we can increase
> cooperation between the LMNs and possibly improve the planning of national
> events.

Having two community managers might not be the best solution. Our community
is not so big yet that we would need more than one. I agree that, some way
to engage Helsinki to national events would be great. During the
preparations (and execution) of last Summit, Tampere took a lot of
responsibility. That was natural since it took place in Tampere.

Instead of selecting two community managers, I suggest that we do similar
thing as MeeGo project has done. We select a person who is responsible for
all our national events (like Amy in MeeGo project). That way, we don't have
two community managers 'competing' about who decides and what. The community
manager takes care of the big picture and focuses on building the community
(defines roadmap, resolves conflicts if needed, is point of contact, etc.)
Events manager obviously handles all events and would lead the 'events
team', which includes local meetup organizers, as described in my blog post
a while ago:
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/2011/02/25/building-national-level-teams/

/Jarkko

--
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/