[meego-fi] Next community manager is selected July 4th

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:52:15 +0300

Hi,

As some of you might have noticed, next meeting agenda includes selecting
community manager for 2011-2012. The idea is that, community manager is
selected for one year: July 2011 - June 2012. Community should not be forced
to choose community manager blindly. Therefore, I would like to see some
nominations (who would in your opinion be suitable) for community manager.
Those who would like to 'run' for the position should introduce themselves
briefly (in open) on this mailing list. I'll give an example about the
introduction:

Name: Jarkko

In brief
I've been involved in OSS for about 10 years now, mostly in community stuff,
not so much coding. My background is 'hackerish': I have been somewhat
active in Ubuntu-fi community, I have started local hackerspace in Tampere
year 2010 (still member of board). I've started TMN and MNFI communities. I
have been organizing TMN meetups in co-operation mostly with cybette. I took
some responsibilities in organizing MeeGo Summit FI 2011. I have been MNFI
community manager from the beginning (Dec 2010).

Time
I will focus on my studies/research in the future, so my time to concentrate
on community stuff might be a little limited although my research is about
MeeGo community. I could use about one day per week for community issues.

Focus for next year
- In MNFI I would push Local Device Program forward.
- I would try to get more actual (partly funded) projects started. Projects
would then create content for our local meetups, applications and real
activity.
- MeeGo Summit 2012 would be our main event: keep focus still on developers.
- I would try to create deeper connections to other local communities such
as hackerspaces and LUGs.
but there is no record of such discussions.

/Jarkko
--
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/