[meego-fi] Re: Forming an association

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:26:48 +0300

2011/8/18 Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hmm, what about things like roll ups, posters, printed materials and other
> incidentals that MNFI might need? We want to get some general ones, not
> event specific ones. Also our community T-shirts?
>
> How about the paypal donations that we get through the portal? (A little,
> but still something.)
>
> Money issues are the trickiest, but probably also the reason why we need
> the association. So please make sure we address the details in this area.

This might sound weird but one option is to make this Devaamo ry as an
umbrella for MNFI in juridical and money issues only. Otherwise ry will have
no control over MNFI but is in the background. Hopefully you understand what
I mean. Same kind of setting is used in hackerspaces, where community rules,
but association is there to act as rubber stamping machine for money
issues.

/Jarkko

--
Organizer (TMN, Tampere Meego Network)