[mea] Re: estimating for Indexing

  • From: "Jonah O'Neil" <jonah.oneil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:47:14 -0500

Hi Cheri,

Whoa, boy, now I must declare my ignorance.  I was not aware of programs
like FrameMaker, Macrex, or Cindex.  And I did not know that MS Word had an
index feature.

I was going to make an index manually.  But now I will look into Word's
index feature.  Rather, I use a Mac, so maybe I'll look into Pages' index
feature, if it has one.  (I do not own Pages.  I have Microsoft Office 2004
for Mac, but it's not a great program.)

Nor have I looked into any particular method - Mulvaney's, Chicago's, or
otherwise.

There's an Indexing Society of Canada??

Okay, time to do some homework.

My client needs a quote on the overall project soon, so what I think I'll do
is quote separately for the indexing, after I've done more research.

Thanks so much, Cheri!

-Jonah