[mea] Re: Interesting editing article in The Globe & Mail

  • From: cheri.frazer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:05:54 -0600

Thanks for sharing this, Susan. I have mixed feelings about it: on the one
hand, I want to lament the decline of standards in publishing, but on the
other I'm happy for the freelancers. I suppose a lot will depend on the
pocketbooks of writers. If they're poor will they go to the retired
teacher down the road and ignore the professionals? Hmm. Interesting
issue. I remember when Naylor was going to outsource its editing to India;
not sure if that happened.

-Cheri

From:
Susan Portelance <susan.portelance@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
Subject:
[mea] Interesting editing article in The Globe & Mail
Sent by:
mea-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I am a new member of the MEA and I thought this article from The Globe &
Mail may be pertinent to many of us.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/books/where-have-all-the-book-editors-gone/article1894501/

Thank you,
Susan Portelance

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation."