[mdmars_staff] Yearly Meeting 4/25/09 General info

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AIG-1 <mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:30:55 -0800 (PST)

Guys,
Below is what I propose to send to the general membership later this evening if
you all agree.

We have set the date for the Yearly Maryland/DC MARS meeting, It will be held
on 25 April 2009 at the Maryland Emergency Management Agency.  This date is
contingent on not having a some type of emergency in the state that will
mandate activation of MEMA.

Some of the topics to be discussed are:
  Army MARS 500 Hour awards (yes you gotta be there Scott)
  Short Tour of MEMA
  Short slide show about MEMA
  MEMA MOU
  Non Profit status (501-c3)
  The new training modules (we want to hear your feed back)
  Army, Navy, Air Force Jointness discussion
  Repeater, Packet & RMS discussion

If you personally know members of the other MARS services please invite them
and have
them contact AAM3MD/AAR3CK for more information.

Further information and information on who will be coordinating (taking RSVP
information) will be forth coming after our monthly staff meeting next week.

Jim AAA3MD

Since there are no facitlities for lunch close by we will be having sandwiches.
The cost will be about $5 per person.