[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1724

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:25:50 -0700

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Windows ME
           From: "parisiengarcon" <garconparisien@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "T. Hunt" <roversouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Windows ME
           From: "Peter Churukian" <petervc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Networked PC's & Net Connections.
           From: "Gordon Stewart" <gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Networked PC's & Net Connections.
           From: "Gordon Stewart" <gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. RE: Digest Number 1722
           From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>
      7. RE: Digest Number 1722
           From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Digest Number 1722
           From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. YDS Freezing (WAS: Digest Number 1722)
           From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. YDS Freezing (WAS: Digest Number 1722)
           From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Networked PC's & Net Connections.
           From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Windows ME
           From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <wyatt.m.portendt@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Windows ME
           From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?
           From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "bj" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "bj" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Windows ME
           From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
     22. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:17:54 -0000
   From: "parisiengarcon" <garconparisien@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Windows ME

Peter

Please read the following information:

Hibernation mode, which is not available on some older machines, is
similar to standby but with one important difference: Instead of
writing the state of the machine into memory, it copies it to your
hard drive and then shuts the machine off completely.

A machine is more likely to come out of hibernation than standby, and
data won't be lost in the event of a power failure or rolling
blackout. The only downside is that it takes a bit longer to put your
machine in and out of hibernation because you have to wait for data
to be transferred to and from the hard drive. Still, it's a lot
faster than a standard shutdown and start-up.

To set power management in Windows, go to the Settings menu, select
Control Panel and click on Power Options. Depending on your machine,
you might or might not see a tab for hibernation. If you do, that's
your best option. Otherwise, experiment with the standby options.

Windows ME and Windows 2000 added the system hibernate feature, which
saves everything in memory on disk, turns off the monitor and hard
disk, and then turns off your computer. Upon reactivation, the
desktop is restored exactly. It takes longer to bring your computer
out of hibernation than out of standby.

I hope that this answers your query

Paris

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Churukian"
<petervc@...> wrote:

> That may be true, but I have a desktop, and thus I don't think
Hibernate is
> an option. <SNIP>

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:00:10 -0400
   From: "T. Hunt" <roversouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPCfg - Win98

I would try the Winsockfix.exe.  This small program repairs the TCP/IP
stack.  Use Winsockfixxp.exe for Windows XP.

Sometimes removing the NIC and the TCP/IP protocol and then reinstalling
will fix this as well.

Tom

Ken Hollingsworth wrote:
> I'm attempting to clean out an old eMachine with Win 98
> on it.  When I got it, it would connect to the net, and other
> computers on my LAN.  The complaint was viruses, and a
> general tune-up, updates, etc....
>     I downloaded many Windows updates, downloaded
> AVG free, and at some point in that process, and after
> rebooting many times - I now get an error when I try to
> connect - IPCfgDLL.DLL is linked to missing Wsock32.DLL -
>
> I find both files in place in the /Windows/system folder where
> they are supposed to be.  Even though I can't connect to
> the net - I can connect to the LAN sporadically - sometimes
> not.
>
> The machine had 64mb of Ram, and I added 64 - it now runs
> pretty good, other than failing to connect to the net.
> Any suggestions before I re-install 98?  I don't think the
> machine is strong enough for XP.
>
> Ken Hollingsworth

Message: 3
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:28:50 -0500
   From: "Peter Churukian" <petervc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, Paris, for the information.  My machine (5 yrs. old) does not have
the hibernate option.  So, I'm "stuck" with standby.

Peter

<petervc@...> wrote:

> That may be true, but I have a desktop, and thus I don't think
Hibernate is
> an option. <SNIP>

Message: 4
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:11:33 +1200
   From: "Gordon Stewart" <gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Networked PC's & Net Connections.

On 4/9/06, Missy <missy31_2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you shutdown ZA do the pages load and stay
> connected? If not it isn't ZA. If it does work, go
> into the logs and alerts and clear the logs. Then open
> the page and check the logs. When it fails or crashes
> check them again and see what if any differences there
> are. I use ZA and have no issues like you explain but
> it does take some tinkering sometimes. You might also
> be getting some errors written the the Event viewer
> that might point to something.

My flatmates have been away today, & ive shut down Zone alarm for a
while & tested.. (eek)..

(ive done a virus/spyware check afterwards)...

- The preoblem of "server not found" - Still occurs even with Zone
alarm turned off - I guess its the actual connection ...

Hold on.. ive just  checked...

on the PC thats got the Net connection - I have my "windows firewall"
turned OFF (I use ZoneAlarm)...

However - On this (2nd) PC - the one with the problems - I cannot
access the Windows Firewall  at all - It says :- "due to an
unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings"

I'll look on the web - See if any solutions can be found. (I cant
check to see if its on or off - or change it to on/off)

Yahoo Archives by email = Yes
http://groups.kwister.com/owners.php#add
NZ community groups - community@xxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 5
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:31:26 +1200
   From: "Gordon Stewart" <gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx>

On 4/17/06, Gordon Stewart <gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hold on.. ive just  checked...
>
> on the PC thats got the Net connection - I have my "windows firewall"
> turned OFF (I use ZoneAlarm)...

 http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

Ive manages to fix this PC's Firewall - & now its turned OFF

The only thing on, is ZoneAlarm on the other PC.... (set to the lowest
setting, without being off..)

Still having probs - took 5-6 tries to log into Gmail (& google).

Yahoo Archives by email = Yes
http://groups.kwister.com/owners.php#add
NZ community groups - community@xxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 6
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:13:01 -0500
   From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Digest Number 1722

Yes I have 3 or more IE browsers open and the one I am opening or viewing
gets
Buried under the other two...  Happens all the time

Message: 7
   Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:07:59 -0000
   From: "officialbizniz" <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IE pages flipping while surfing?

Annie, are you telling us that if there are 3 open browsers, the one
you click gets buried by the other two browsers and instead of
showing the clicked browsers, the other two get on top instead?

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Wampler
<rtwamps@...> wrote:

Annie,
This happens to me too.  Not constant or consistent rather
occasionally.  I can not figure when or why it happens.  On the days
or times it happens it just keeps happening.  Maybe memory related?
As in how long the pc has been on (time wise)?
rick

> >I know it sounds weird but I will try to explain.  Ok I just
opened this window (<http://groups.yaho.com.....)
http://groups.yaho.com.....) in IE and the windows page flipped to
another IE open.  Seems like the page I started viewing ends up 3
pages away and I have to alt + tab til I find my original page...
Does that make sense?  It happens all the time.

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, foofaraw in the middle
<foofaraw_in_the_middle@> wrote:
I still do not understand what she meant by "pages flipping". Annie?
Please we need more info.

Message: 7
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:15:07 -0500
   From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>

I am using YDS as it is important for me to index my Yahoo messages
(IM's).... Yes I already changed it to low priority, after testing high
priority to see if that helped.  Stll IM errors...

Message: 8
   Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:23:49 -0000
   From: "officialbizniz" <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Does anyone use YDS - yahoo desktop search??

Although you may find YDS to be a nice program, it is somewhat CPU-
intensive while indexing. However, running it in low priority mode
maybe able to fix this. Just launch Task Manager and look for YDS in
Processes tab and rightclick it, then choose "Set Priority". Then
finally choose LOW. Have you tried using Copernic Desktop Search
instead? It seems to be a lot less buggy than any other similar
program in its genre and far more superior in other features. Personal
CDS is free.

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Annie" <cosmaann@...>
wrote:
I can't find any help from their forum or any forum and I love YDS but
it does freeze a lot etc......
Annie

Message: 8
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
   From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>

Normal thoughts: install the latest patches, latest video card driver.
  Have you checked for spyware or adware or even viruses?
  There are so-called pop-under, they don't popup, showing up, they
pop-under, hiding while getting content anyway. If this is the case with
you, then your problem is spyware-related. I've seen something close to
that with Gator, usually choked the browser on the 2nd open window. The
latest version of Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy, updated after
installation and then run in Safe Mode will clean that. You might wanna
use/install Windows Defender (free from Microsoft) and SpywareBlaster (see
Sean's MCH Forums in the Library section for instructions on how to
configure it). Also update your antivirus and run it in Safe Mode also.

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:07:59 -0000
From: "officialbizniz"

opened this window (http://groups.yaho.com.....) in IE and the windows page

wrote:
I still do not understand what she meant by "pages flipping". Annie?
Please we need more info.

Don't mistreat any foreigners who live in your land. Instead, treat them as
well as you treat citizens and love them as much as you love
yourself....[Thus says] the Lord your God.

Message: 9
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:22:10 -0700 (PDT)
   From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: YDS Freezing (WAS: Digest Number 1722)

How much memory (RAMs) and free diskspace do you have in your hard drive?
Are you using an old computer? What is the speed of your CPU?

  Minimum requirements:
Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 or SP4
Microsoft Windows XP
128MB RAM (256MB recommended)
50MB free hard disk space, minimum

Pay attention to the words "recommended" and "minimum". These words do not
necessarily imply flawless or smooth operation. 512MB for RAM and much
higher free diskspace than 50MB are much preferred.

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:23:49 -0000
From: "officialbizniz"

wrote:
I can't find any help from their forum or any forum and I love YDS but
it does freeze a lot etc......
Annie

My Computer Headaches Forums
http://mycomputerheadaches.tz4.com
The latest addition to MCH family (Free, requires registration)

My Computer Headaches Yahoogroup
.... celebrating its 3rd Year Anniversary.

Message: 10

   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:21:37 -0000
   From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

I was going to suggest going here for the FIX:
http://jackma.net/archive/2005/10/14/11597.aspx

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gordon Stewart"
<gordonisnz@...> wrote:
On 4/17/06, Gordon Stewart <gordonisnz@...> wrote:
Hold on.. ive just  checked...
on the PC thats got the Net connection - I have my "windows firewall"
turned OFF (I use ZoneAlarm)...
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm
Ive manages to fix this PC's Firewall - & now its turned OFF
The only thing on, is ZoneAlarm on the other PC.... (set to the lowest
setting, without being off..)
Still having probs - took 5-6 tries to log into Gmail (& google).

Message: 12
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:29:47 -0500
   From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <wyatt.m.portendt@xxxxxxxxx>

I saw it.  He's definitely not going to make happy customers.  People
like what they like, and if you can't convince them to change, you have
to remember who's paying who.

On or about 4/15/2006 1:04 PM, the one known as Peter Churukian was
rumoured to have uttered...
> Thanks for the reply, Wyatt.  Of course now getting a new tech is water
> under the bridge (as they say), since he already came and put in a new
power
> supply.  I've never had to use any outside help to 'fix' any problems I
had.
> I've owned computers since 1989 and have been able to change or add hard
> drives, add memory, add a tape drive, etc.  This time it was something I
> thought was over my head, and I figured I needed an "expert."  I
definitely
> won't call on this guy again.  I don't know if you've read other notes in
> this thread, but he really upset me when he went into my settings and
> started randomly changing my screen saver power saving settings without
> consulting me.  As soon as he left, I changed them back.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Peter

Message: 13
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:21:19 -0000
   From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

Peter, how are you trying to access the Hibernate feature of your
computer/OS? You can go to the Control Panel>Power
Options>Hibernation tab. Make sure the Hibernation option is
enabled.
When you go to shut the desktop down, just press the SHIFT key and
you will get the Hibernate option.

Only people who have not used Hibernate because they do not own a
laptop ask whether Hibernate is only for laptops or for both laptops
and desktops. They think they are going to save $30.00 on their
electric bill. That's not what hibernate is for.  It's designed to
save battery life on a laptop when you walk away from it for a short
period of time. If you do not own a laptop and want to save on
electric bills shut down your computer when your done with it. If
the laptop is plugged into a wall socket and goes into hibernate
it's still going to draw power to charge the battery up. If it's
not plugged into a wall socket it's going to draw less power from
the battery when it goes into Hibernation. Hibernation is for
unplugged laptops running on batteries to conserve the battery.
Hibernation is not so that one can walk away from ones computer for
extended periods of time and feel confident that when you come back
all will be as it was. If you're using a desktop you are better off
with a UPS and software that auto saves and shuts down the system.

Having said all of the above, there are certain PC makers like Dell
that do not recommend the use of Standby/Hibernate. These
applications were written by Microsoft for laptops. They are not
reliable on desktop computers.

Desktops can in fact hibernate and suspend. However it's generally
not worth the hassle. The principal purpose for these is in fact to
save power when running on a limited power supply (read batteries).
On a desktop, there is really no valid reason to suspend or
hibernate.

If your PC is multi-booted using a 3rd-party boot management, do
*not* hibernate. When I first installed XP on my multi-boot system,
I used the hibernate feature almost exclusively. After losing a lot
of files, and after I finally realized the cause, I haven't used it
since.

You can find out a lot of information about power management
starting here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/platform/PCdesign/LR/default.asp

If you can handle the low level technical specs the references on
http://www.acpi.info have quite a bit in English that's
understandable.

<petervc@...> wrote:

That may be true, but I have a desktop, and thus I don't think
Hibernate is an option. After reading the article you sent in your
previous reply, I didn't see any reference to desktops, only laptops.

Thanks for your input.

Peter

From: "officialbizniz" <officialbizniz@...>

You mean you are setting your PC to standby or hibernate?

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Churukian"
<petervc@> wrote:

Thanks, Tom, for the reply. Well, it's too late now. He's come and
gone, and, yes, it was the power supply. I do have another question,
though. This guy didn't like my 'screen saver' settings, where I had
my hard disk turn off after a certain length of time. He said it's
hard on the drive (no pun intended) and that I should just let the
thing keep running. I usually turn my computer on in the morning,
then check email, etc. I leave it on, then check back every hour or
so for new emails, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Peter

Message: 14
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:28:15 -0000
   From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?

Is this even for Windows or only for BeOS?

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vince" <timechaser@...>
wrote:

Hello:

I just found this what looks like a liffle gem of a program. I have
been looking for this for a while. Just a small FTP Program that
will run from a flash drive and not create any reg keys.

I was wanting this so when I am not home and need to fix a website
for one of my clients I can do it from anywhere without having to
install an FTP Program.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it out and found any major flaws?
I tested today on a test machine and it seems fine.

http://www.memecode.com/iftp.php

Thanks
Vince

Message: 15
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:32:47 -0000
   From: "cade00000" <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

You should try to copy Wsock32.DLL off the net or from someone who
has it or get one from your installation CD. Or you can do an SFC.
Or perhaps try reinstalling IE or using LSPFix.

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Hollingsworth"
<kenholl@...> wrote:
Thanks Casper. I hadn't heard of that one, and I'm sorry to say, it
didn't do anything when I just tried it.

Ken

On 4/14/06, casper <officialbizniz@...> wrote:
Ken, have you tried using WinsockFix?

[...]

Message: 16
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:35:56 -0400
   From: "bj" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>

i have 3 of these showing up on a search of my windows 98 SE.  want me to
send them to you.
they are in 3 different folders.
bj

  <kenholl@...> wrote:
[...]

  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

support
        Computer training  Free computer technical support  Computer
problems

Service.

Message: 17

   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:42:24 -0400
   From: "bj" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>

they are all 40KB
and located in C:\SOSWIN\SYSTEM
                         C:\RGB3WIN\SYSTEM
                         C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
   From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>

I refer you to Cade's response. Her response should erase all doubts :)

  BTW, the article didn't say that Hibernate and Standby are only for
laptops ONLY. They were simply designed with laptops in mind but to
conclude that they cannot be used for desktop would be making the wrong
conclusion.

Estavi Meilu <estavi2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I read the article, and it appears they are talking
about battery powered laptops.

e.g., its title is:  "Use Hibernate and Standby to
Conserve Batteries".

estavi

--- casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think both Hibernate and Standby are features of
> XP, and not hardware-dependent. But I could be wrong
> :). You can verify from this MS article:
>
>   Use Hibernate and Standby to Conserve Batteries
> http://shorterlink.com/?D8622I

Doesn't Hibernate apply to laptobs, not

---------------------------------

Don't mistreat any foreigners who live in your land. Instead, treat them as
well as you treat citizens and love them as much as you love
yourself....[Thus says] the Lord your God.

Message: 20
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:54:29 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Cade.  As previously reported, I tried the WinsockFix program
as suggested by Casper - and it had no effect on the problem.  I
hadn't heard of the LSPfix though, and will look for that one.  Thanks
for your time..
Ken

On 4/16/06, cade00000 <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You should try to copy Wsock32.DLL off the net or from someone who
> has it or get one from your installation CD. Or you can do an SFC.
> Or perhaps try reinstalling IE or using LSPFix.
>

> --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Hollingsworth"
> <kenholl@...> wrote:
> Thanks Casper. I hadn't heard of that one, and I'm sorry to say, it
> didn't do anything when I just tried it.
>
> Ken
>

> On 4/14/06, casper <officialbizniz@...> wrote:
> Ken, have you tried using WinsockFix?
>

> Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@...> wrote:
> I'm attempting to clean out an old eMachine with Win 98 on it. When
> I got it, it would connect to the net, and other computers on my
> LAN. The complaint was viruses, and a general tune-up, updates,
> etc....
>
> I downloaded many Windows updates, downloaded AVG free, and at some
> point in that process, and after rebooting many times - I now get an
> error when I try to connect - IPCfgDLL.DLL is linked to missing
> Wsock32.DLL -
>
> I find both files in place in the /Windows/system folder where they
> are supposed to be. Even though I can't connect to the net - I can
> connect to the LAN sporadically - sometimes not.
>
> The machine had 64mb of Ram, and I added 64 - it now runs pretty
> good, other than failing to connect to the net. Any suggestions
> before I re-install 98? I don't think the machine is strong enough
> for XP.
>
> Ken Hollingsworth
>

> ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 21
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:55:29 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

BJ,  Thanks for the offer - I could try that if you'd like to attach it to
me.

Thanks,
Ken

Message: 22
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:34:40 -0400
   From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>

do you want all 3 of them or just one and can you send me your home address.
bj
  BJ,  Thanks for the offer - I could try that if you'd like to attach it
to me.

  Thanks,
  Ken

  On 4/16/06, bj <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > they are all 40KB
  > and located in C:\SOSWIN\SYSTEM
  >                         C:\RGB3WIN\SYSTEM
  >                         C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Message: 23
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:52:51 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

I received your attachment - and will try that one.
BTW - I just cranked it, and a "find" shows only
one copy of Wsock32 (not winsock).DLL in
/Windows/System.  It's only about 22 kb.  If your
copy is some 40 kb, I wonder if it's the right one???
or perhaps, that's the problem with mine....

Ken Hollingsworth

On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> do you want all 3 of them or just one and can you send me your home
address.
> bj

just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
>  >
>  >  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
Service.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

Service.

> ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 24
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:08:04 -0400
   From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>

i don't have a winsock32 showing up on my computer ...

-
  >  >
  >  >    I find both files in place in the /Windows/system folder where
they are supposed to be. Even though I can't connect to the net - I can
connect to the LAN sporadically - sometimes not.
  >  >
  >  >    The machine had 64mb of Ram, and I added 64 - it now runs pretty
good, other than failing to connect to the net. Any suggestions   before I
re-install 98? I don't think the machine is strong enough for XP.
  >  >
  >  >    Ken Hollingsworth
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  My Computer Headaches Forums
  >  >  http://mycomputerheadaches.tz4.com
  >  >  The latest addition to MCH family (Free, requires registration)
  >  >
  >  >  My Computer Headaches Yahoogroup
  >  >  .... celebrating its 3rd Year Anniversary.
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  ---------------------------------
  >  >  Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for
just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
  >  >
  >  >  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
  >  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
Service.
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >

  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

Service.

  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >

  > Yahoo! Groups Links

  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

Service.

Message: 25
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:15:58 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Do you have any thoughts as to why the file-size
would differ so much?

Ken

On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i don't have a winsock32 showing up on my computer ...

Service.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
>  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
Service.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

Service.

> ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

See the self help page here