[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1725

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:38:24 -0700

There are 4 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:18:29 -0400
   From: "bjsumter" <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPCfg - Win98

what are you running win. 98 SE

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken Hollingsworth
  To: mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 1:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [MCH] IPCfg - Win98

  Do you have any thoughts as to why the file-size
  would differ so much?

  Ken

  On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > i don't have a winsock32 showing up on my computer ...

they all have the same file size?
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  bj <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >  >  >      i have 3 of these showing up on a search of my windows 98
SE.  want me to send them to you.
  >  >  >  they are in 3 different folders.
  >  >  >  bj
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
who has it or get one from your installation CD. Or you can do an SFC.
  >  >  >    Or perhaps try reinstalling IE or using LSPFix.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Hollingsworth"
  >  >  >    <kenholl@...> wrote:
  >  >  >    Thanks Casper. I hadn't heard of that one, and I'm sorry to
say, it didn't do anything when I just tried it.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    Ken
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    On 4/14/06, casper <officialbizniz@...> wrote:
  >  >  >    Ken, have you tried using WinsockFix?
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@...> wrote:
  >  >  >    I'm attempting to clean out an old eMachine with Win 98 on it.
When I got it, it would connect to the net, and other computers on my LAN.
The complaint was viruses, and a general tune-up, updates, etc....
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    I downloaded many Windows updates, downloaded AVG free, and at
some point in that process, and after rebooting many times - I now get an
error when I try to connect - IPCfgDLL.DLL is linked to missing Wsock32.DLL
-
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    I find both files in place in the /Windows/system folder where
they are supposed to be. Even though I can't connect to the net - I can
connect to the LAN sporadically - sometimes not.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    The machine had 64mb of Ram, and I added 64 - it now runs
pretty good, other than failing to connect to the net. Any suggestions
before I re-install 98? I don't think the machine is strong enough for XP.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >    Ken Hollingsworth
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  My Computer Headaches Forums
  >  >  >  http://mycomputerheadaches.tz4.com
  >  >  >  The latest addition to MCH family (Free, requires registration)
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  My Computer Headaches Yahoogroup
  >  >  >  .... celebrating its 3rd Year Anniversary.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  ---------------------------------
  >  >  >  Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries
for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
  >  >  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
of Service.
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
  >  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
  >  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
Service.
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >

  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

Service.

  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
  >

  > Yahoo! Groups Links

  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

support
        Computer training  Free computer technical support  Computer
problems

Service.

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:24:30 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes - 98 se.  When I first got it, I went through all
the downloading of updates that were lacking, and
AVG Free, etc., then it stopped connecting to the
network.  There were quite a few re-starts in the
updating, so I'm not real sure exactly which download
killed it.  Or combination of them.

Ken

On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what are you running win. 98 SE

Service.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
>  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
Service.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
>  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

support
>        Computer training  Free computer technical support  Computer
problems

Service.

> ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 3
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:51:05 -0700
   From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks BJ - loading that Wsock.dll you sent me did the trick.
I write this reply from the 98 se.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.  Now to download
the updates again - I had un-installed them all in hopes it
would roll me back to something that worked.

Ken

On 4/16/06, Ken Hollingsworth <jken0411@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes - 98 se.  When I first got it, I went through all
> the downloading of updates that were lacking, and
> AVG Free, etc., then it stopped connecting to the
> network.  There were quite a few re-starts in the
> updating, so I'm not real sure exactly which download
> killed it.  Or combination of them.
>
> Ken
>
> On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > what are you running win. 98 SE

Terms of Service.
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
> >  >  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
> >  >  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
of Service.
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
> >  >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when
responding.==
> >  >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
Service.
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> >  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >

> >  ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> >  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages

technical support
> >        Computer training  Free computer technical support  Computer
problems

Service.

> > ==MOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding.==
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/messages
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 4
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:50:14 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?

It is for Windows, BeOS, and Linux. You can see this looking at the
bottom of the page under history. I downloaded the Windows version.
It seems to work fine just was looking to see if anyone else had
tried it.

Here is more info too.
http://tinyurl.com/hpc75 (Protable Apps website)
http://tinyurl.com/ezjpm (Softpedia website)

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cade00000"
<cade00000@...> wrote:

> Is this even for Windows or only for BeOS?
>

> --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vince" <timechaser@>
> wrote:
>
> Hello:
>
> I just found this what looks like a liffle gem of a program. I
have
> been looking for this for a while. Just a small FTP Program that
> will run from a flash drive and not create any reg keys.
>
> I was wanting this so when I am not home and need to fix a website
> for one of my clients I can do it from anywhere without having to
> install an FTP Program.
>
> Just wondering if anyone has tried it out and found any major
flaws?
> I tested today on a test machine and it seems fine.
>
> http://www.memecode.com/iftp.php
>
> Thanks
> Vince

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/