[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1717

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:06:25 -0700

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. File that won't delete
           From: "matrix.afghanz" <matrix.afghanz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. RE: Spelling corecrtion
           From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:09:13 -0700
   From: "matrix.afghanz" <matrix.afghanz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: File that won't delete

I have a file that I can't delete. It came as an attachment from a friend.
It was supposed to be a few photos that came from a yahoo group that she is
on. I was never able to view the photos, nor find anything suitable on my
PC that would let me view them. When I opened and saved the attachment to
my specified folder, there were two files... I was able to delete one, but
the other will not go away. I have tried to rename it, change it's
extension, and move it, but it won't comply. The extension is named, "file"
and it appears ghosted out. It shows as 0 bytes.
I have the original email saved to disk, which I tried downloading the
attachment again, thinking I could try deleting them both together, yet I
only ended up with the same situation, and now I have two of the darned
"file" (s ) that refuse to budge!
I googled, and found a nifty program called, Move on Boot. Unfortunately,
no success in getting rid of my problem file. Is there anything else I can
try?
Thanks, Lisa

 Lord, please make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:31:10 -0500
   From: "Annie" <tulsaannie@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Spelling corecrtion

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Steve Eisenberg <chobersdeert@xxxxxxxxx>
Since you guys and girls seem pretty computer savvy, why not "EDIT" your
posts to make them easier to read??????

John:

Right you are. It occurred to me that if we spent all our time correcting
errors, all of our computers would remain broken. I will therefore find
another hobby.

Steve
NH

 And Steve, I assume that you meant to write..."does to
 your hair" rather than...." does to you hair"   ;-)

 Cheers,

 John Lehn (Sydney Australia)

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

See the self help page here