[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1395

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:33:50 -0700

There are 3 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Windows XP Installation
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Can a program run and not use the registry?
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Can a program run and not use the registry?
           From: Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:27:34 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Windows XP Installation

Are you sure you don't have a stuck key on your keyboard? Since most
systems ask you to push any key to boot to cd on startup you may
have a stuck key and your bios is not telling you this.

Vince

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <hammerpgh@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a very frustrating time trying to install Windows XP
Pro
> on my new HDD. Everything initially seems fine as I boot from the
> original XP Pro CD, select the new HDD to install onto and then
> format the drive. Once this is completed the setup files are copied
> across and then the system lets me know that it is about to reboot.
>
> This is where it seems to be going wrong!! When it reboots it
simply
> boots from the CD again and goes back through the initial setup
> phase again rather than progressing from the stage it was at when
it
> rebooted. What am I doing wrong!! This is exactly how I have done
it
> in the past but this time it is giving me a right old headache!!
>
> Before rebooting it tells me to remove any disc from Drive A: As I
> don't have any disc in there I don't do anything. I thought that
> maybe I should remove the CD so it doesn't boot from there any
> longer but then the system won't start up properly and just keeps
> restarting at the point where it normally looks for the CD.
>
> Am I losing it... any advice would be gratefully received.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:14:40 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can a program run and not use the registry?

Hi all;

I have been using a nice little program called ATNotes, however the
author of the program has called it quits. It was a free program and
he did not get enough donations to keep it going. Too bad it was and
it the best of it's type.

Anyway I am looking for a replacement because you never know when
Microsoft will do something to break this one, and there is nothing
that comes close.

Here is my question, the author of the new program says on his website
that the program
"will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry"
is this possible?

Never been a programer so I have no idea about this subject.

http://tinyurl.com/dhv5m

Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:00:24 -0700
   From: Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can a program run and not use the registry?

Vince,
 I tried this Sticky application, and it looks pretty clean.
However, FYI - when I first started it, ZA alerted me it was
trying to get out, as did MS Alert system. I denied both, but
you have to wonder why it was, and where it was headed.
 Ken Hollingsworth

 On 5/26/05, Vince <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I have been using a nice little program called ATNotes, however the
> author of the program has called it quits. It was a free program and
> he did not get enough donations to keep it going. Too bad it was and
> it the best of it's type.
>
> Anyway I am looking for a replacement because you never know when
> Microsoft will do something to break this one, and there is nothing
> that comes close.
>
> Here is my question, the author of the new program says on his website
> that the program
> "will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry"
> is this possible?
>
> Never been a programer so I have no idea about this subject.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dhv5m
>

> =3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
> email.=3D=3D=3D
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

=3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
email.=3D=3D=3D

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

See the self help page here