[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1388

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:23:56 -0700

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: problems accessing toolkit on MCH-Forums
           From: Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: problems accessing toolkit on MCH-Forums
           From: CHRIS-JO-ANN-SPILKER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 05:56:24 -0700
   From: Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problems accessing toolkit on MCH-Forums

This thread has about 3 (or more) topics in it - Forums access, Limiting
D/L,
and WinFax.... Kind of confusing to me.
 Bill, I use WinFax all day, every day at work. I recall, when v. 10 came
out,
they had some major issues with running in XP, so I un-installed that and
went back to v.9++. Do a google and see if you don't find something about
this in some forums. Maybe they have it fixed now....
 Ken Hollingsworth

 On 5/20/05, Bill Vollmer <agent222@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Spunkster;
> I don't understand what you are asking about Winfax. The edition I have
> proclaims itself to be WinFax Pro 10.02 for XP. I'm running XP home.
> What I like to restrict the limited accounts from doing is installing
> games and such they download from Yahoo, and, the like, and, from CDs. I
> don't mind them using the peer to peer network I belong to for
> music-with in reason, or, other materials. It's just that it bothers me
> that they install things like GTA; Sniper; and, the like without
> consulting me.
>
> Seantific wrote:
>
> > BTW, are you using WinXP Home or Pro?
> >

> > Bill Vollmer <agent222@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm using the settings that XP provides. Is there something that I
> > don't know about that will let me further limit the limited accounts?
> >
> > I'm using WinFax pro 10.02 for XP.

> > =3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when=
 responding to
> > an email.=3D=3D=3D
> >

> >=
> ?subject=3DUnsubscribe>

> --
> Bill Vollmer

> =3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
> email.=3D=3D=3D
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 2
   Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:10:28 +0000
   From: CHRIS-JO-ANN-SPILKER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

     I am going to "jump in" here and see if I can offer some meaningful
insight.

    I discovered a longtime ago at the Symantec website that Winfax Pro,
version 10.02 was ** NOT ** compatible with Windows XP. They were NOT going
to fix / patch that version to make it work. Their solution: upgrade {i.e.,
send $$} to Version 10.03! That is how Symantec respects their customer
base.

     Perhaps this is the crux of the problem. Someone stated to use Version
9. I would be surprised if that worked.

     I have not the need for Winfax Pro and have not fully tested this.
However, a customer needed it and version 10.03 did indeed work fine.

     One should note that MANY of the Winfax Pro CDs sold on eBay are PRIOR
to version 10.03 and thus are frugally cheap {for a reason}.

     Furthermore, I also agree with Ken Hollingswort that we should keep
threads on topic. I did not change the subject line as many use "filters"
and this would skew their messages.

Kind regards,
Christopher J. Spilker

-------------- Original message from Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

> This thread has about 3 (or more) topics in it - Forums access, Limiting
> D/L,
> and WinFax.... Kind of confusing to me.
> Bill, I use WinFax all day, every day at work. I recall, when v. 10 came
> out,
> they had some major issues with running in XP, so I un-installed that and=

> went back to v.9++. Do a google and see if you don't find something about=

> this in some forums. Maybe they have it fixed now....
> Ken Hollingsworth

SNIPPED rest of message ...

=3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
email.=3D=3D=3D

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

See the self help page here