You should receive an email from FreeLists about unsubscribing.
We hope you can make it to our last meeting next week and/or a special
joint meeting with the CS club on May 10th.
On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Eunice Dos Santos <
Can I have my email take out of the IT club email list?
On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 08:42, Rick Cassoni <rcassoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Club IT,
I am grateful for those able to participate in STREAM this Saturday.
Let’s meet in the 4800 Courtyard at 1045-1100AM. We can walk over together
to get signed in, lunch, and come back to get everything set up. The
Oculus Rift will takes a bit of time to get set up and calibrate,
especially if we need to do updates on the machine. This will also allow
time to get the batteries topped off on the drone and run new persons
through the Raspberry PI demo.
Looking forward to an amazing STREAM festival. Details are below.
*Rick Cassoni, CISSP, PMP *[image:
Professor, Computer Studies (CSIT)
Oceanside Campus, T111
P 760.757.2121 x6369
http://bit.ly/2OwLtxj ;(MiraCosta Cybersecurity video)
*Want to learn more about CSIT events, jobs, internships, etc... like the
CSIT Department on Facebook
follow us on Instagram <http://www.instagram.com/miracostacsitdepartment>!*
*“this is your world, shape it or someone else will”* – gary lew
[image: STREAM Festival]
*Saturday, April 13*
*All college students/staff presenters must first check-in at the
Presenter Check-in area located in the Student Center Pavilion located
between building 3100 and 3400.*
- *Check-in opens at 10:30 AM in the Student Center Pavilion between
3100 and 3200. **Sign-in at the table with your professor or
advisor’s last name*. You will be given a t-shirt, name tag, and a
ticket for your lunch. Lunch is from 11:15-12:15. You can get one or two
slices of pizza, fruit and a cookie/granola bar.
- *ZONE-Booth Location*: You will be assigned to a zone, unless you
are part of an indoor lab. There will be different zone assignments,
stay in your designated zone. Booths in your zone are selected by first
come first served, unless you specifically asked for electricity. We will
do our best to keep each class/professor’s group in the same zone. If you
asked for electricity, go to the table that specifically labeled WATER
and/or ELECTRICITY. The electrical outlet will be near, but you will need
an electrical cable extension cord, we have a few, but we recommend you
bring one if you need one. There are water outlets in each zone, look for
the orange cones, in zones 1-4.
- *ZONE LEADS*: each zone will have a Service Learning Staff wearing
their Teal Blue Green Shirt or wearing a blue MiraCosta lanyard with a
badge “ASK ME”, please go to them if you have questions, concerns or if
see lost children when you are at your booths.
- *Time sheets*: Use the attached time sheet to log your hours that
you spent in preparing your project. You should log in hours spent on
preparing the project, testing, group meeting, and the day of the
These hours translate into volunteer or service learning hours. You can
submit these or email them to the service learning office after the
- *All presenters* *MUST* wear the t-shirt and name badge provided.
This helps the children and families identify MiraCosta STREAM Festival
representatives. Please be mindful of appropriate attire (no saggy pants
tiny shorts/skirts). You are representing the college and your
- A table, plastic table cover, and two chairs will be provided. You
may bring a canopy or beach umbrella for sun protection, and anything else
you might need to protect you from the sun.
- Plan on seeing 200 kids by your booth, no they all won’t all come
at the same time; make sure you have enough supplies/copies. Please
remember this event is about the experience, it’s not about giving away
- *Make sure you have tested and prepared your activity before the
day of the event; I have seen students present their activities that
weren’t tested or prepared beforehand.*
- *Pizza lunch for presenters will be served in the dining hall patio
across from our registration, from 11:15-12:15, you will need a lunch
ticket to get your food. *
*PASSPORT, STAMPS, AND GUESTS SERVICES*
- The community (children and families will start arriving a little
bit before 1:00, *please be completely set-up and in your booths by
12:45 PM*. After registering, the first 750 children will receive a
bag, pencil, sticker and a lanyard with a passport.
- When the children come through your table, use your stampers to
stamp their passport attached to their lanyard.
- I*f you see kids without the lanyard/passport please refer them to
the Registration table, located near the clock tower. *
- This is a public event and photos are being taken*, if a family
does not wish to have their child’s photograph used for MiraCosta
purposes they will have a YELLOW lanyard.*
- *SNACK Shack:* the community and presenters may purchase snacks and
drinks from the campus clubs, located near the clock tower.
*CLOSING AND DISPOSAL OF SOLUTIONS/SUPPLIES*
- The event is scheduled from 1:00-4:00. Please do not start cleaning
up until 4:00. *NO EMPTY BOOTHS PRIOR TO 4:00 PM**. *
- You are responsible for cleaning your booth and the area around
your booth.* Please make sure your area is free of trash.* It is *not*
necessary to fold tables and chairs.
- Projects that use vinegar, baking soda, bleach, ammonia, salt, dry
ice, or ice must be on concrete area only *(NOT ON THE GRASS/LAW
AREAS).* Upon closing, these items must be dumped in the gravel
garden by the 3500 building or in a lab’s disposal area – *DO NOT
DUMP THESE ITEMS INTO THE GRASS. If you are not sure, please ask a zone
o Any supplies that were requested and not picked up will be in room
*WHAT TO BRING/WEAR*
- *Refillable Water Bottle*, please help us take care of the
environment, bring your own refillable water, and you can access the
filtered water stations inside of the Student Center, located between two
restrooms. We are only providing a light pizza lunch, you may want to
a sack lunch or a few snacks.
- You are encouraged to bring/wear: sunscreen, hat, and sun glasses,
or anything you may need to be comfortable outside. *We do not
*FIRST AID, LOST & FOUND AND QUESTIONS*
- If anyone is looking for a first aid kit, refer them to the
Registration Booth. Any lost children can be walked to the registration
booth. Lost and found items can be turned into the Registration Booth.
- There will be someone at the registration booth at all times.