[macvoiceover] Re: safari unable to connect.

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:46:43 +1300

Regarding OSX 10.11.1, I am not having VO problems, I am still on an early 2008
iMac, which may be getting a little dated for the next releases, but so far so
good !

TF

On 1/11/2015, at 5:45 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

tuscia falconer and others.
I first of all want to thank everyone especially tuscia falconer
For the excellent tips I gave them a try and they did not work so i kept on
looking on the net and i tried some other things.
Finally I decided to call apple accessibility support, I talked to someone
at accessibility, they had me try and create a different user account and
switch to it no go in my connection to itunes,app store, and safari.
Finally I Went into recovery and ereased and reinstalled Yosemity from
scratch.
Now my macbook mid 2010 white polly carbon is fully running Yosemity itself.
No rements of snow leppard or upgrade parts from Updating to yosemity.
I found that When doing the install as i did that certain things did not seem
to be there like before e.g last time i had my home folder inside users and
also on the outside.
Now My user folder is inside the users folder.
So far so good safari, works like advertised for procausion sake i did
download fire fox latest version for the mac, Does anyone know where i can
get the current version of google crome for my mac?
From what the apple accessibility person told me that what happened was
something that screwed up my osx installation for some strange reason, He did
say that they have seen this particular situation before and they have no
ideas as to why, or how this happens.
Also from what i was told that in the latest version of 10.11.1 the voiceover
bugs should all be fixed. Please let me know.

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover