[macvoiceover] Re: safari unable to connect.

  • From: Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 02:14:14 -0500

you mean playing one from with in itunes itself?

On 10/30/2015 1:48 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:

Strange, can you open an internet radio in iTunes ?

TF

On 30/10/2015, at 7:43 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the app store seems to be there but i have 4 updates i need to get but things
seem to be grayed out that i can not get things to update i do this by doing
control option m and down arrowing to app store which tells me i have 4 updates
to get and install but when i get in there the app store either stalls or i can
not go anyplace with it.

On 10/30/2015 1:39 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
Can you open the appstore ?

TF

On 30/10/2015, at 7:32 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using a macbook white polly carbon mid 2010 running Yosemity 10.10.5 will
this change things?

On 10/30/2015 1:22 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
In the Developer menu go to user agent and click IOS 8.1 or what ever is set
for the iphone, this will modify Safari, now see if you can open a webpage.
If that does not work try any other Safari version offered in the user agent.

TF

On 30/10/2015, at 7:12 PM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, then we can assume your internet connection is working.
In Safari prefs, go to Advanced and check to show developer in the menu bar,
then go to the Developer menu and see what is checked.
Have you tried using Chrome or Firefox ?

TF

On 30/10/2015, at 7:09 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, i am also able to instant message as well

On 10/30/2015 1:00 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
Can you send and receive mail on the Mac ?

TF

On 30/10/2015, at 6:35 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have rebooted several times as well, as trying to clear history, and the like
for safari.

On 10/29/2015 10:59 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
I assume you have re-booted your Mac to reset Airport ?
Or are you hardwired to your router ?
There may bne some issues under the wi-fi preferences to llok at.

I don't think deleting your history or unchecking auto-complete addresses is
going to make any difference.

TF

=
On 30/10/2015, at 4:26 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried about five or six times already to go to any web sites using
safari and nothing is going anywhere, no matter what web site i try.
I have already deleted my history, and undid all auto filling in the
preferences.
what can i do is there a way to reinstall safari? or will i end up reinstalling
yosemity?
My internet connection is working fine with my windows computers i also use so
the internet is fine.
also on another note, how do you get voice over from completting items in
safaris address bar? this is getting a bit anoying.

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx