[macvoiceover] Re: recording with the MAC?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:08:52 -0400

Hi Cheryl, Thankss for the feedback. I have several ways of recording audio here and know what you mean about different path to conversion. I'll see if I can figure out how to get the mp3 converted through ITunes.

Thanks!

On Jun 18, 2006, at 12:37 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Just to clarify though: audio hijack pro makes mp3 files in the first place so if you decide to use that you don't need the lame libraries. I had all kinds of trouble with audacity crashing or not responding to keypresses on both my minis so I gave up on it but I do realize that some people are using it quite successfully so tha's not meant to say it isn't useable.

If you want to change an aiff file into an mp3 file, there's an application called soxwrap you can use, though some have had trouble getting good-quality file conversions. You can also import it into or play it in iTunes to convert it. If you have trouble navigating iTunes, you can use the cmd-d option in VLC and load your iTunes Music folder and either browse it or save a playlist of it which you can then look at it text edit to see the paths of files. In other words, there are several options for all aspects of a recording project and each of us probably thinks the one we are used to is the easiest.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com