[macvoiceover] Re: questions regarding resetting the pram

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:43:04 -0700

Hi,
Just after you press the power key make sure you are holding down the keys and wait till you hear the second chime.
This is how I do it.
First I place my fingers on the P R and Command keys, then I hit the power button and place a finger on the Option key. Then I wait till I hear the second chime before I release them.
Dan
On May 29, 2009, at 1:40 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Marty,

to set the pram, you have to use the power button when the computer is off so I don't know what is meant in the article and of course, it is not here for me to look at.

On May 29, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, the article says to press the combination of keys discussed in the article, but it says to do so before the gray screen appears, so how do we know when that is, or do we just hold these keys down right when we hear the start-up chime? I know that is why the article was forwarded to the list, buut many of us don't have sighted assistance, so just wondering about this.