[macvoiceover] Re: questions regarding resetting the pram

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:41:21 -0700

Hi,
Okay, perhaps a little more explaining.
I have an iMac and the power button is on the left rear of the unit. So, in order to be ready with the key strokes, I place fingers on 2 of the keys. I place my little finger of the right hand on the p and the index finger of the right hand on the r. Then I press the power button with my left hand. Immediately I place my left index and middle fingers on the Command and Option keys. This has to be done as soon as possible. I like to have all for keys held down by the time the chime first sounds. I keep them down till the next chime. Then I release them. That's all there is to it.
HTH.
Dan
On May 29, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Dan, but I don't see how you can be holding down the command and
option keys, and the p and r keys at the same time, then turn on the
power, all at the same time, something isn't right, it seems that you
would shut the computer down, turn the power on, and then press and
hold the 4 keys down, and wait for the second sound of the chime. They
did say there were 4 steps in this.
On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:41:32 -0700, Dan wrote:

Hi Marty,
As long as you hold down the PR Command and Option keys before the
chime and you keep holding them down till you hear the chime a second
time.
HTH.
Dan
On May 29, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, the article says to press the combination of keys discussed
in the article, but it says to do so before the gray screen appears,
so how do we know when that is, or do we just hold these keys down
right when we hear the start-up chime?  I know that is why the
article was forwarded to the list, buut many of us don't have
sighted assistance, so just wondering about this.

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Marty