[macvoiceover] Re: question about Abbyy Finereader Express

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 10:20:23 -0500

How much is it and where can I find it if I want to purchase it?
Thanks!  Marcy

On Dec 31, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
ABBYY Fine Reader Express is an OCR package, not a scanning application. So you need something to first scan the document. For example, I use my HP scanning utility to create a tif or pdf image. Then I use ABBYY Fine Reader Express to perform the OCR. It does one heck of a good job. Here is the advantage. No matter what way I put the document in the scanner and create the image to be processed, after I use ABBYY Express to do the OCR part of the operation, the outcome is always correct and rightside up.
Dan
keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Dec 31, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Sam Troia wrote:

Hi, all,

I'm still not understanding why we need to buy Abbyy Finereader Express along with Vuescan. Why can't Finereader Express be used on it's own? When I'm ready to do this, I'm not really thrilled about having to purchase two separate products to perform one task, especially since I don't make much use of scanning. I still use the scanner in Windows to read mail and that's about it.