[macvoiceover] Re: question about Abbyy Finereader Express

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 01:49:54 -0600

Okay, let me try to state this clearly re: scanning. If your scanner has a
utility or toolbox program, and if that program is vo accessible, Abbyy, just
like readiris, will send you to that proram for scanning and you can use it and
see if the scans are adequate. I am pretty sure  that if Abbyy incorporates a
scanning program into the Mac version, the price will also go up and it
probably won't be much different from buying vuescan plus Abbyy or vuescan plus
readiris. It really isn't even like using two programs as far as I'm concerned;
I scan happily away with vuescan and then I do cmd-g and Abbyy opens. Or if I
don't have multi-page set in vuescan, it just automatically switches to Abbyy
once I've scanned a page. Btw if you are still having trouble going from
vuescan to Abbyy, in the prefs tab check the external viewer box and choose
"default" from the viewer pop-up. Then go to a tif file in finder and do
getinfo from the file menu or cmd-i. In the getinfo information, set it so tiff
files will always open in Abbyy and do vokeys-space on the change button.

Hth.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,