[macvoiceover] Re: problem waking up my new Mac

  • From: "Portia" <portia89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:56:13 -0700

Did you try command-tab?

Portia.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:13 AM
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] problem waking up my new Mac

Hi all,

I have a problem with my new Mac, in that it apparently went in to some sort
of sleep that I'm not use to with my older one running Snow Leopard. When
that one went to sleep, I could press an arrow key, wait a few seconds, and
it would be back up and running. With this one, I pressed the arrow, waited,
got nothing, pressed it again, still nothing. So I pressed command f-5 to
see if VO was somehow frozen or off or whatever. VO came on, said Voice Over
on, authentication, and that's it. If there is a dialogue, nothing is being
spoken by vo. Can't interact. Can't do anything except turn VO off and on
and always get that same cryptic message "authentication", but I can't do
anything about it. Any help?

Mary