[macvoiceover] problem waking up my new Mac

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:12:39 -0700

Hi all,

I have a problem with my new Mac, in that it apparently went in to some
sort of sleep that I'm not use to with my older one running Snow
Leopard. When that one went to sleep, I could press an arrow key, wait
a few seconds, and it would be back up and running. With this one, I
pressed the arrow, waited, got nothing, pressed it again, still
nothing. So I pressed command f-5 to see if VO was somehow frozen or
off or whatever. VO came on, said Voice Over on, authentication, and
that's it. If there is a dialogue, nothing is being spoken by vo. Can't
interact. Can't do anything except turn VO off and on and always get
that same cryptic message "authentication", but I can't do anything
about it. Any help?

Mary