[macvoiceover] Re: copying and pasting from a website with Snow Leopard (again, I know. Sorry!)

  • From: Candie Stiles <cstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:44:51 -0500

That is an exelent question
I have the Same problem and it's frustrating

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2009, at 12:20 AM, carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

I have a question about the cursor going to the top of the page and losing my place. If I am viewing something on a web page, for instance an article from a newspaper, and want to go bak a page to click on the next item, I lose my place on that page once I've gone back. I'm back up at the top. This didn't happen before I got a Mac. Is there any setting I could change to stop this behavior? Thanks.
On Dec 9, 2009, at 3:34 AM, Laura wrote:

*laugh* Well, there goes that theory. Thanks for letting me know. And yeah, refreshing isn't a perfect solution, but I agree, it does help a lot of the time.

On 9 Dec 2009, at 04:18, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi Laura,

I use DOM, and am one who has trouble getting the select text in Safari to work on a regular basis. I did find that Ricardo's suggestion of refreshing the page does often fix the problem for that page, but then it takes you to the top of the page and you have to find the text you were trying to select... not a big deal using item chooser, just mentioning it.

Cheers,

Russell
On 2009-12-08, at 5:41 PM, Laura wrote:

I know we covered this kind of a lot a couple weeks ago, but just out of interest: do those of you who can copy and paste with the regular commands on the web use DOM or group mode to navigate? I've sort of stumbled over the realisation in the last week that I can do it far more regularly in DOM than I can in group. I'm wondering if this is the thing that causes such different results among VO users, or whether this is a thing specific to me.>