[macvoiceover] URGENT! Trouble using camera controls and visually reading textwith iOS 7: was: Beware of OIS 7

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:55:54 -0500

I'm a bit puzzled by the conclusions you are drawing. If your wife is having
trouble and her eyesight is good, it doesn't seem that the primary problem is
that Apple has failed to test with people who have low vision in mind though
that may be the case; my purpose here is neither to trash or defend Apple but
to encourage you not to give up too quickly. I have no vision and so others on
this list will need to give feedback as to what the problems may be and what
possible solutions are, but I am thinking that there must be some solutions
that you have not found. If I were you, I would wait a bit and see if somebody
posts some helpful advice before you trade in your phone. I've also changed the
subject line here in hopes that a person with some vision will see it and
address your problems. If this really is an unsolvable problem, I totally
sympathize with your frustration and your decision to abandon Apple devices but
if you have been appreciating Apple products all these years I would urge you
to look for some help for your problem rather than assuming the upgrade has
made your devices unuseable.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth