[macvoiceover] Re: Two hot keys needed

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:12:49 -0600

Apparently what I need is typing lessons based on my reply. The learn spelling
entry in the VO shift m context menu only comes up if the word is misspelled. I
just tried it, and apparently you don't have to have the word highlighted, the
cursor just needs to be on it. The VO shift m context menu is really handy for
this kind of thing, options show up depending on what type of element you’re on.

Ian

On Aug 19, 2015, at 4:06 PM, Phil Scovell <phil.scovell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ian,

I knew I’d seen the read from current position, vo-A, somewhere before, but I
couldn’t find it again and couldn’t remember so thanks for that. I know how
to highlight a word so I’ll poke around and see if I can find the option to
add to dictionary for spell checking.

Phil.

On Aug 19, 2015, at 4:01 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

VO A reads from te cursor. I have a keyboard commander set for it because I
can’t get my right hand over to the VO keys or the A key for the combo. I
went with right option A.

When you say add a word to the dictionary, do you mean for spell check
purposes? If yup, you can use the VO shift me combo to activate the context
menu once the word is higlighted and there is an option in there for learn
spelling.

Not sure on the message marking, if I come across it before someone else
responds I’ll reply again.

Ian

On Aug 19, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Phil Scovell <phil.scovell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been looking for the hot keys needed for two tasks. First, what is
the command to mark all messages to be deleted from the top down or from
the current highlighted message you might be resting on. Secondly, I
cannot find the hot key whereby you can begin reading a body of text from
where the cursor is. I know Command-A selects text from the top down to be
deleted or moved or copied or cut and pasted but I just want to read from
the top down, or if I have stopped in the middle of a read, I want to begin
reading continuously from the stoppage point. While I am at it, I have
faithfully been trying to figure out how to take a selected word and add it
to the dictionary. The explanation of how to do this from the National
Braille Press download on using the Mac won’t work on my Mac mini. Any
suggestions to this, now three, questions? Thanks.

Phil.