[macvoiceover] Re: Terminal

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:21:09 -0600

I use the terminal all the time, including compiling, and (yes, even those text-based telnet accessible games sometimes) I'm not getting the repeated screen reading you're talking about, but, honestly, I think you'll get used to the automatic reading, and grow to like it better than just using the vo cursor to do the reading, as that's a whole lot slower, and more trouble. Tiger behaved this way, and I have to say, for me at least, the leopard automatic reading is worlds better.

On Dec 9, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Sara wrote:

Hi all.
I am using the Terminal to play an online text-based game. I didn't think it would work, but typing telnet and then the address sent me right there and I was playing in no time. Oh the 80s feeling I get from this is so awesome...but I have a question about VO. It seems to like to auto-read the screen and it often repeats a lot of the same lines. How do I turn this off and just read with the VO cursor? I'd like to turn auto-reading on and off easily and only for Terminal.
Thanks!
Sara who is loving her Mac.