[macvoiceover] Re: Spark question

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:07:54 -0600

On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

I was afraid of that, so I tried to set option command F12 to the "say time" script I downloaded. I still cannot interact with the hot key field, even when I pick a combination that has nothgibng to do with VO, like option command F12. I'm sure I'm doing something simple but wrong. I have set the type to "apple script," and pasted it in to the box provided.

Actually, you're not doing anything wrong.

For some reason, spark doesn't show the key combination, like it used to, but if you go to create, and click the button, your hot key will work. I have no idea why voiceover doesn't read the key combination anymore, but as long as you hit a key combination, then after you create the shortcut, pressing that key combination will indeed run the script you entered. Have to go back to spark and ask them if they can fix this one, it's very confusing.
I'd been using an older relase until you posted your message.
I then installed the latest release, and encountered the problem you mentioned. But, just know that it does enter the hotkey, it just doesn't tell you it did so.
Hope this helps.