[macvoiceover] Re: Problems with the Bard site?

  • From: Mark BurningHawk Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:51:45 -0700

I've checked my VO settings and Safari settings, as so far as I can tell,
they're identical to what they were when I last viewed Bard's page under Snow
Leopard.  I'm using Dom order navigation and text encoding is default.  So far
as I know, nothing else has changed.  I changed, in "web loading," VO settings,
to "play a tone when page is loaded," but there's still no tone…

When I log in, the page appears normal.  When I click an item in a heading,
like "recently added," or "search the collection," at first the page appears,
to VO, unchanged; the link changes to "visited link," but the page doesn't
appear to load.  When I move, however, I see that the whole page has changed to
unlabeled text boxes and CGI index tags.  When, however, I use the Items
chooser to search for a word or title, the page reverts back to intelligible
English labels and such.

So, in process, it looks like this:  I log in.  Page looks normal.  I click on
"recently added books."  Page appears to freeze, then goes wonky.  Ignoring
this, I use the Items Chooser to find "July." and select it from the list.  The
page reverts to normal English, including all the new books in their own
headings and such.

Anyone? anyone at all…

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/