[macvoiceover] Re: Other backup solutions for the Mac?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:57:57 -0600

Hi Robin & all,

Thanks so much!  So much to learn! <grin>

Russell
On 10-Aug-09, at 8:48 AM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi Russell,
I'm not sure whether Time Machine makes a volume bootable, this would
have to be tested...
Super Duper and Time Machine both do not come with a partitioning
utility, however in the Applications folder, there is another folder
called Utilities, where you will find "Disk utility". This is a
fully-featured tool for performing various disk-specific tasks, such as
formatting, partitioning, setting up a RAID, burning images to CDs or
DVDs and so on... It is a really cool program with many capabilities
which aren't always opvious, but there are instructions on the internet for various things. Stuff like partitioning can easily be done with it,
though.
Hth!
Robin