[macvoiceover] Re: Other backup solutions for the Mac?

  • From: Keith Reedy <g3tiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:30:02 -0400

I really like Superduper.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 25, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Backups can be restored, without the MacOS disc, however, that's kinda tricky with VO. Maybe try superduper? Or Carbon copy cloner?
On Jul 25, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi all,
OK, quite honestly, I'm not too happy with Time Machine and ist backups. This is because it seems impossible to manually start creating a backup, schedule backups and stuff like that, also in order to restore a backup you need to boot from the Mac Os DVD, there's no restore button in Time Machine directly. Does anyone know of a better backup solution for the Mac? Maybe something that creates a complete image of the hard drive and
features a restore function right in the program. Any hints highly
appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Robin.