[macvoiceover] Re: OCR software?

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:21:22 -0500

You need to get the driver for your Lide 90 from www.canon.com, go to support, then drivers and downloads, and select your lide 90 under consumer products/scanners. As for the second question, the read iris demo is no longer posted on their website. The URL was posted either to this list or the macvisionaries list a little while ago, I'll dig it up and report back if someone doesn't find it before I do that is. Yes, they still produce a demo, but for some odd reason they no longer link to it on their downloads page.

On Feb 12, 2009, at 16:12, Mark Baxter wrote:

I got Fuescan; my question is, do I need a driver for a Cannon Lide90, or will a generic driver do? I wasn't clear on that from within the program or the documentation.

Secondly, when I try to get Read Iris, the website seems to freeze, and I can't navigate; is this me, is Mercury retrograde... what?
Thanks for assistance. :)

On Feb 9, 2009, at 3:38 AM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi
Read Iris plus Vuescan will do the job nicely. Vuescan from:
www.hamrick.com
is what you'd use to scan, as Read Iris's scanning facilities are minimal. Read Iris from
www.irislink.com
is what you'd use to do the OCR. These two programs can run together and, once set up correctly, you won't even realize you're using two separate programs. A demo of Read Iris is available, but it's not listed on the web site anymore for some odd reason. I believe the URL for the demo is in the archives of this list, but for some reason I can't seem to find it. Perhaps it was on the other list, I'll keep looking.

On Feb 9, 2009, at 00:09, Mark Baxter wrote:

I've got a Cannon Lide90 scanner, that I used to use on ... that other platform... but now that I'm using a Mac, what does one use to read mail, books, print in general when using the Mac?
Thanks for any pointers, mouse or otherwise...

Mark Baxter
markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx
Skype and MSN:  BurningHawk1969 or BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page:
http://MarkBurningHawk.net/

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx