[macvoiceover] John's hole, mentoring, applacations that work and more.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:57:16 -0400

Hello every one,

Lots of things to think about.

John, I am glad that you sent that post to the list. I don't think that anyone was offended, the folks do a great job on this list.

This list is all about learning the MAC and Voiceover and I think this kind of post will help us all to do a better job with new blind MAC users.

John and others, please take a look at the list of links at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under,
MAC with Voiceover. John, some of what you talked about has already been done.

I think that it was Kevin who sent a message about a list of apps that work with Voiceover. If I do not have the name right, please forgive me. If you will, please start such a list and send it to the list and others can add to it and when it is finished, I will upload it to the website.

Cheryl, I will put you on the list of those who are willing to help, you have caught the vission.

John, it is cool that you brought up the idea of the form, I was putting together a form in my head last night just before I went to sleep. It sounds like you have some ideas which are better than mine, you have a lot more years in accessiblity training than I do. Please take some time to think about the things that should be on this form and when you get the time put them down and send them to the list.

I would like to start a guide for mentors, just a few things that we will need to keep in mind when helping new Blind MAC users, like, always include the complete command string to perform a function and spell out the commands, like, command-shift and so on. I will start such a guide and send it to the list then others can add there in put.

I think what we are beginning here will be most helpful to wood-be blind MAC users.

Thank you every one.
Keith Reedy
WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx
God gives his best to those who leave the choice with him--J. Hudson Taylor

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx