[macvoiceover] Re: Going to the top and bottom of a list?

  • From: Ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:24:30 +0100

My thoughts exactly. It would be nice if there was 1 way of doing things. I've also noticed that tabbing through controls isn't as consistent as it could be, which is something I'd like to see fixed - I don't always want to have to keep interacting with everything just to access, say, an item in a table.

On 08/08/2012 23:49, Ian Edwards wrote:
A big frustration in transitioning to Mac and VO for me is how navigating wroks
differently in different situations. On my Macbook Air, I press Shift VO
Function left arrow to to to the top of my in-box list in Mail. For the bottom
of the list it's Shift VO Function right arrow. Sounds like a lot, but the keys
are all right together. Same commands work on a web page. Note, you need to be
interacting with the list for the in-box commands to work.

In a document some of the standard OSX commands work independently. This
includes Command up and down arrows for top and bottom of document, command
left and right arrows for beginning and end of line. Page up and down don't
seem to work in conjunction with VO consitently. It works in Pages, but not
always in Text Edit, and nobody has been able to explain why it works sometimes
and sometimes not.

Anyone know about jumping to the top of a finder list?

Hope this helps,

Ian
On 2012-08-08, at 4:36 PM, Mark BurningHawk Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Function VO Left or Right arrows will take you to the top left or bottom right corner
of the--whatever--list, table, … I don't believe this works in TextEdit, but it
does in Mail.

• Mark BurningHawk Baxter
• AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
• MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
• My home page:
• http://MarkBurningHawk.net/