[macvoiceover] Re: GarageBand and the cycle region

  • From: Keith Reedy <g3tiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 01:02:37 -0400

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for this, I certainly will put it in to the guide.  I am already working
on revision 01, at least in my head.

I am not much of a loop user, but, I have spent a little time with them over
the last few days.  I have been impressed with the editing, I was able to
modify a loop and take out something out of the middle of the loop that didn't
work for me.

We have recorded 39 songs over 4 CDs in the last 19 months and I have only used
loops once and that was a drum loop.

I don't know about the new amps, frankly I have not taken a look at more than
the basic stuff.

I think GarageBand was always meant to be an entry level program, but, as such
quite a powerful one and it works for us quite well here in the studio.

I do hope to see Express, or, Logic Pro come up to speed in the near term.  I
really like the Apple Synths and loops, and the EQ bace will be great when we
can get to it.
Keith Reedy