[macvoiceover] Re: Exporting mailboxes in Apple Mail

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:17:56 -0600

Hi Ricardo,

Well, I managed to set up my Gmail account in IMAP, but first had to delete my
existing Gmail account in Apple Mail.  As I only had one folder with email
messages, I simply exported the folder, deleted the account, set it up as an
IMAP account, and then copied the files back into the folder.  I really didn't
need to do this however, as I already had my iPhone Gmail account set up as an
IMAP account, so my files appeared anyway.  The problem with my main email
account is that I have quite a few sub-folders set up with lots of messages in
each, so didn't want to go through the process of setting up the IMAP account
only to have to do it again after installing Mountain Lion.  So, ONce I have ML
installed, I'll set up my main email account as an IMAP account, and all will
be well.  I like the way the IMAP account works in Gmail.  As you said, all the
folder organization is copied to all my devices!  Really nice!

Thanks for the tip!!

Russell