[macvoiceover] Re: DAISY reader for Bookshare books?

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:47:00 +1300

Well when you look at it, when you select a Bookshare book to download as
audio, all that happens is an mp3 is made of a screen reading voice.
Do it yourself, same thing less data to store.

On 27/01/2014, at 11:26 am, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks TF!  I like your tip about changing the extension from XML to HTML…
works great!  I’m trying a 30 day free trial of ReadHear Pro, but, the
navigation seems a bit inconsistent, and, for some reason, VO does not seem to
follow the reading voice, so, if I try to re-read what the built-in reading
voice says using VO, VO instead still seems to be on page one of the book.

I will give the program you suggested a try although reading the book in Safari
works quite well.

Thanks again,

Russell