[macvoiceover] Re: A quick look at Numbers.

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:50:59 -0700

I was so hoping this would be a solution too. Based on your suggestion I
started looking at whetehr or not Numbers could generate the types of reports I
need. I pretty soon realized that this is basically what database
designers/builders have done for you, they take a table of information and
allow you to work with it based on rules/formulas. They just did all the work
of compiling the formulas and functions. The support documentation for Bento
actually says that the one view, can’t remember which one but it’s probably
table view or something simple like that, allows you to read the data just like
a spreadsheet.

Ah well, Time to look more into Tap Forms. The developer lists Voiceover
accessibility as one of his best features, and it’s a lot cheaper to try than
Filemaker.

Ian