[macvoiceover] Can't get VO at login screen

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:13:46 -0600

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden I no longer have VO at the login screen.  It was working fine
till some time last week, when, all of a sudden VO stopped coming on at the
login screen.  Luckily I have a Braille display attached and am able to
navigate to the user account I wish to log in to.  I went to system
preferences, Users and Groups, and start VO at login is checked.  I read on the
internet where folks are saying they had to turn the volume up at the login
screen, but, FN F12 does nothing at the login screen, as far as I can tell.  Do
I need to change something is system preferences to allow the use of function
keys at the login screen?  If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks for any and all help!

BTW, I'm running Mountain Lion on an iMac.

Russell>