[macvoiceover] Re: Blue Tooth headset with iPhone

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:12:02 -0600

Changed the subject to reflect the topic.

I’ve got a Plantronics M-165. It’s ok, but suffers from performance issues when
I’m outside. It’s not wind or proximety to the phone, even if I’m holding it
away from my body on a still day the signal cuts out on audio I’m listening to.
Haven’t ever had the opportunity to try it on a phone call, so not sure if it
is restricted to just audio playback.

When you say there is a delay in typing, what exactly do you mean? Is the phone
generally less responsive, or is there a lag between pressing a key and having
it activate? I haven’t experinced either of those, but there is a lag while the
blue tooth activates for voice dictation.

Cheers,

Ian