[mac4theblind] Re: U.S. Senators Ask Apple to Remove DUI Checkpoint Apps From App Store

  • From: John G <jglists0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:33:13 +0000

A perfectly reasonable intervention on the part of the government. There are too many irresponsible folks out there who would take the Apple idea as encouragement for drink-driving. Sometimes, government intervention is necessary and this is a good case in point. Remember when AAG pulled the plug on Outspoken? No screen reader support for Mac OS and no one as far as I remember were inclined to offer a replacement. it was owing to anti-descrimination legislation that Apple had no choice but to introduce VoiceOver.

John
At 11:33 25/03/2011, you wrote:
I think the government should stay out of this. This is just more government
telling business how to run their business the best way they see. If I was
apple I would give them the middle finger.

Sign,
Bubba