[mac4theblind] Re: Sharing iTunes libraries

  • From: "Isaac" <isaac.hebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:17:56 -0500

To use Home Sharing

1.From the Advanced menu, choose Turn on Home Sharing.
2.Enter the Apple ID and password you wish to use.
3.Click Create Home Share.
4.If your computer is not authorized with your Apple ID, iTunes may ask you
if you want to authorize it now.
5.Click 'Done'. Sharing will disappear unless it sees a shared iTunes
Library on the network.

On your other Mac or PC, open iTunes. Repeat the steps above to turn on Home
Sharing for up to 5 Mac or PC computers.  1.Open iTunes.
2.Choose iTunes >  Preferences (Mac) or choose Edit > Preferences (Windows).

3.Click the Sharing tab.
4.Select the "Share my library on my local network" checkbox.
Sharing tab in iTunes 10
5.If desired, select the "Require password" checkbox and enter a password.
6.Click OK