[mac4theblind] Re: Sharing iTunes libraries

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 06:46:05 -0400

control option m will show a context menu with ad to play list in it.  no need
to move and paste for the playlist options are there.  you can do this with
multiple items as well as single items.
you can also creat a new playlist from a selection of itemsby first
highlighting the items to creat the playlist from and then choosing creat
playlist from selection from the context or file menu.

On Jul 17, 2013, at 5:10 AM, frank perry <frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi.

Take a careful look and listen to the columns in the playlist you are
trying to share from.

The very first column before the name of the song is a check box.  By
default, the boxes are in the checked position.

Insure your cursor is on a check box, then press VO with space bar to
uncheck the box.

Another suggestion.

I assume you're using iTunes 11.

In the default version, the side bar which use to exist in iTunes 10
doesn't show up, all you get with the new iTunes 11 default layout is
a pop up button.

Some people find this annoying, but the good news for VO users is you
can bring back that side bar.

In the iTunes menus, select view, go down to show side bar, and press enter.

The good old classic iTunes 10 side bar list of sources now returns.

Another way in a playlist to get a particular artist or album is to
turn on column browser.

In the view menu there is a column browser section.

First you have to insure the show column browser box is check so as
columns actually show up.

You can choose groupings, composers, albums, artists and so forth.
You can even choose one column only.

Then you can interact with the browser column of your choice and press
a letter of the alphabet and go from there.

Another thing you can do is create a playlist.

So you choose new playlists menu then new playlist.

Create a name for that playlist.

From here especially if the column browser is showing up, you could do
artists, albums, groupings, composers virtually anything you wanted.

To select a song insure the cursor is on the song, then command c to copy,

Interact with the sources side bar, find the new playlist you created.

Interact with the scroll area which should be empty assuming you
haven't added songs already.

Do a command v to paste.

If you want to do multiple songs, here again is where the column
browser comes in handy.

Ok can't help myself, love Neil Diamond.  I have a dedicated Neil
Diamond playlist.

From the music playlists, I selected artists column in the browsing
section, typed in NE note the E is actually a lower case letter had to
put in upp case so as VO would say it the way I wanted it said, and
sure enough Neil Diamond was the first listing.

Went to the table did a check on the names of a couple of songs, good,
all Neil Diamond.

Did a command a to select the whole thing, then a command c.

Went back to sources list, insured the Neil Diamond playlist was selected,

Ok this time I didn't interact with the scroll area at all, I did a
shift control option m to bring up a context menu and selected paste.

On 17/07/2013, Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there all.
> So I am sharing the libraries between my mac mini and the macbook.
> However, there are a few songs I would like on the macbook even if the mini
> is not present.
> Someone said about their check boxes.
> How do I put a few songs on the macbook?
> Thanks.
> Kim
>
> On 2013-07-15, at 10:10 PM, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kim,
>>
>> Share the library and import the songs you want onto your air. by checking
>> their boxes.
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2013, at 9:11 AM, Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there again.
>> Forgot to ask my other question.
>> If I want to put some songs from my iTunes library on my mac mini onto my
>> air, how do I do that in the easiest way?  I don't want the whole library
>> there but would like some things.
>> Thanks.
>> Kim

>>   All emails intended for the list owner can be sent to:
>>
>> john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>> --
>> Jonnie Appleseed
>> With His