[mac4theblind] Re: Getting started with Mac Lion.

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 18:31:06 -0400

Hi Hazel,
    Much of what you are asking is either VoiceOver specific or OS X specific
information and not Pages.

   For example, shift-option-up arrow or down arrow will select to the
beginning or end of the current paragraph.
Control-option-t will read text attributes of the selected character, such as
font.
    Saving in RTF is not a problem.  You select, export, from the file menu,
and choose, RTF.  The only reason why I can think of that you wouldn't be able
to save to your external drive from the Mac is if the external drive is
formatted as NTFS.  Otherwise, saving to it would not be a problem.

     Basically, from what you are telling me, you will be able to do everything
required for your course on the Mac.  It's just a matter of learning the
various aspects.  Please ask questions here or feel free to contact me off
list.  I provide Mac training, and would be happy to help.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION