[mac4theblind] Re: A nice little app to turn off the Mac OSX Chine sound when booting/restarting up

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:08:06 +0100

LOL well in my case I have been hearing in pared since birth and my Mac Book
Pro chine sounds really loud. The only time when I start to hear less mainly
when getting what we all don't like ear infections! Yes my Mac runs really
quietly as well. Ih have to put my ear right down to the keyboard to hear the
humming sound.
At the end of the day though with the app, one can have the chine on and turn
it off and it seemed to be VO accessible thus my mentioning it here.
Chris what was this other app you mentioned and if my impression is right did
you say it only worked with snow leopard and below?
For the person who asked me about if it is in the app store, I never tried it
because at present I haven't setup my account to buy things from there so it at
the moment serves no use for me. That doesn't stop you from giving it a try
yourself though and if it does work, then it would be good for you to feedback
to the list if it is there. Again to remind people, it is called StartNinja. If
it isn't in the app sotre then just simply do a google search for it if you are
so interested.

Good Luck!

P.S. If anyone has turned off there chine sound I would be interested to know
why you would want to do that. For me I turned it off because of 1. I found it
annoying at times and it was a bit too loud. and 2. in case I want to go on my
mac  if I can't sleep at night. LOL

Daniel